Saturday, January 5, 2013

Week 1 - Success!

Oh boy, it sure has been a busy week already. However, I have had so much fun and am happy with what I choose to do. I feel like my life is growing in so many wonderful ways!

This Week
#1 Write Daily
#4 Post for every week on each blog of mine
#9 Daily Photography
SK#18 Check following blogs daily
SK#23 Have pictures in every 52 in 2013 post
SK#51 See family/friends more
SK#52 Document everything I can about the 52 in 2013 challenge

January 1, 2013
#14 Eat/hang out at new places
#25 More dinners w/ family
SK#25 Dine 70 food cuisines

Tuesday the lot shown below loaded up in the car and when to dinner at Los Dorados in Canby. We had fun conversations and delicious food, what more can you ask for?

 2 Classic/2 Strawberry Margaritas and a Cazuela
Denise Beasley, John Beasley,
Andrew Beasley, David Beasley, Brittany Bell
It was nice to see some vibrant and detailed nature art while out eating.

Pretty cool mural at Los Dorados in Canby
I really like the BIRDS!
This was a new place for me and was Mexican cuisine, which I have little experience with but generally don't have a great experience. Los Dorados was delicious with pleasant service.

Caramba Plate (before)
chicken, steak, shrimp, mushrooms, rice,
beans, lettuce, tomato, guacamole,
garlic butter and flour tortillas
Not to mention, this dish made three meals! Its not quite easy to tell from the pictures, but the plates were ginormous! Definitely worth the bargain price and tastes great reheated which is rare in my opinion.

Caramba Plate (after)
January 2, 2013
Earlier in the day I got some great news to help me work towards -#8 Get my stuff back and organize it- so I spent some time making plans and figuring things out. This alone put me in a really good mood and helped lift me up from some stress and overall downess that had been setting in because of my past. 

In the evening I took the bus with David and Andrew down the The Crown Room in Portland to see our friend Jason Watt aka [JRizla] or [Codename] spin some Drum n Bass 
-SK#29 Support my musician friends-

There were some pretty cool light effects
that the pics don't do justice. 
         

While we were there I met the first 3 of my 100 people goal. They were all introduced to me by someone that I already knew and agreed to let me take their pictures. Then again, a person wouldn't count in my list if they didn't because I make the rules, but thankfully I haven't had that problem yet.
1. Chris Demetras 2. Aja Rounds 3. Lyssa Anonymous
-#15 Meet 100 new people- Click Here to see the page.

               
                David, Andrew, Me, Aja, Drew
David and I
           

Me, Aja, Drew
second attempted thwarted by
Clayton and Jason
Me in my awesome hat
and David looking serious
After great time with friends and dancing we got ready to take the bus back home and decided to take a picture, of course we only got away with one before the friends had to contribute floating hands!
And when we got back, we stopped at the store and got some grub and then watched some TV etc. I had some leftover cheese from making Chili Cheese Fritos into Chili Cheese Fritos with real chili and cheese and used it to make a trail for the Ben kitty to follow.

Ben, eating cheese before
Littles gets trapped. 
Andrew set a trap and while Ben enjoyed his "candy" trail, the Littles kitty got himself quite trapped to every ones amusement. It was a really great night!

January 3, 2013
At approximately 5 am, David and I saw a Shooting Star while sitting in the hot tub which was
-#52 Something Incredible- and a great way to end the night just mentioned and,
in a way, bring in the new day.

I am so happy because this day I also got my kitty back! He wasn't very pleased with being re-located but I know he will grow to like it a lot here, especially when he can start going outside! 


I was able to get some of my belongings from my old place as well as Poe and I feel really good about progress towards -#8 Get my stuff back and organize it- I spent the rest of the day going through my stuff, cleaning, organizing, and also thawed out the fridge to fix a minor problem it was having. It is really nice to be happy and content without going out and paying money to have fun. I am also grateful for the relaxing time I have with David before our crazy school term begins on the 7th. 

January 4, 2013
#14 Eat/hang out at new places
#25 More dinners w/ family
SK#25 Dine 70 food cuisines

Today was John's [Davids dad] birthday so Denise [Davids mom] took us and Uncle Bob/Aunt Chris out to Rivershore Bar & Grill in Oregon City. This restaurant falls under the categories of American, Seafood, and Steakhouse cuisine.

Here is my barely visible Rivershore Rush:
Vodka, Rum, Gin, Pineapple, Cranberry and a splash
of sour with a float of Chambord Raspberry liquor
Fairly large and delicious side salad
w/ cucumber, tomato, croutons, and balsamic vinaigrette 
Center Cut Top Sirloin
topped with sauteed mushrooms and Demi-Glace
with veggies and loaded baked potato
It was a very tasty and filling meal with good people and a wonderful view of the river. I'd really like to go there during the summer when you can sit out on the deck and eat in the sun!

After dinner we all went to the house that belonged to Davids grandmother and had cake & ice cream. While there I got to see so many old and beautiful books that I could die for, my words of description would not do them justice so I have decided not to try! All in all, a very good day.

January 5, 2013
Today I had a great opportunity to -#31 Buy Local- at the Oregon City Farmers Market : Winter Location which is open the 1st and 3rd Saturday from January 5th to April 20th. I really like that the OC Farmers Market has the Power of Produce program for kids age 5-12 which gives them $2 to spend on produce each market and teaches them about eating healthy and growing produce etc. The market has also started a $5 match for those buying tokens with food stamps, which is really great because it goes an extra step to help those in need, such as us college students.

My result of going to the Winter Market with
David, Denise, and Aunt Chris
Golden Delicious Apples from Family Table Farm
Yukon Yellow Potatoes & Red Skin Potatoes from Kiyokawa Family Orchards
Verde Tomatillo Salsa from from Green Card Salsa
Basil & Sun Dried Tomato Hummus from The Hummus Stop

After shopping at the Winter Market, Denise gave David and I a ride to WinCo so we could do the rest of our monthly shopping and I feel pretty good about the end result in the kitchen =]

This weeks posts on my other blogs:
Life cycles of plants and Farmers Markets
New Chapters

Brb.Peaches

No comments:

Post a Comment