Thursday, May 16, 2013

Me, On Hold?

I haven't blogged in a while. I haven't been getting my 52 in 2013 list done [although some of the things HAVE been accomplished and I have accomplished many other things as well]. I haven't really been checking in on facebook, updating my status, or really doing anything on the site that keeps me connected to people, friends, family most of the time especially when I am busy with school and whatnot. I haven't been going out to hang out or to the bar or to some event.

In the beginning of this year, my social life sped up really quickly. I was busy all the time, met a ton of wonderful people, and I did have a lot of fun. There were check ins and photos and blog posts and status updates to prove it. Since then it has slowed down a lot, and I miss some people. I actually started thinking "I wonder why no one is curious about 'where' I have gone." But I try to stay in contact people, juuuuust often enough. I am still busy, really busy, and I'm enjoying school. Sometimes it is hard to put your social life on hold, but it is worth it when you know it is all to be successful and have a better future, especially when you have an amazing significant other by your side no matter what.

Lately I've been sick, which hasn't helped my social life or classes. It hasn't helped anything for that matter, other than my medical debt. I've also been thinking about all the things that I haven't been doing. On one hand, I want to make a better effort to do those things, such as spend more time with family and friends. On the other hand, I am doing so much already and making good progress towards my goals in life and realize I need to not be so hard on myself. And, quite the accomplishment, I HAVE been writing a lot, almost daily. It's helpful that I have a class that is very inspiring and helps me find the motivation to put words on paper. It feels so great to just be writing finally, I went a very long time without it and whenever I don't write, I feel like something is missing.

That being said, I'm going to make a more conscious effort to see friends and family and make sure that my living space is organized [the clutter slowly drives me crazy and deters my attention from homework] and just try and be more "on top of things" overall. It's a little scary. Like, I am already super busy and I am demanding more from myself? But since when was there a great person who stopped expecting more from themselves and just said "That is all, you've done enough" and never strived for something better? Yea yea... balance needs to be included as well.

Anyways, at least now I have blogged as well. Thanks for listening to me ramble!

Br[H]b.Peaches

No comments:

Post a Comment